By enrolling to attend any MBK Dance Studios classes you agree to this Release of Liability Agreement:
1. I am, or my child is, participating in classes, offered by MBK Dance Studios. I recognise that dance classes require physical activity that may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks involved.
2. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my, or my childs, participation in the classes. I represent and warrant that I am, or my child is, physically fit and I/my child have no medical condition that would prevent my/my childs participation in the classes.
3. I understand that it is my responsibility to advise the dance teacher of any injuries or if I am pregnant so the instructor can provide suitable modifications where required.
4. I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I, or my child, might incur as a result of participating in dance class.
5. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in dance classes, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against the owners, instructors, and assistants, individually or otherwise, of MBK Dance Studios for damages, and injury that ,I or my child, may sustain as a result of participating in classes.
6. I, my heirs or legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue MBK Dance Studios for injury or death caused by their negligence or other acts.
7. I will not hold responsible/ sue MBK Dance Studios, instructors or employees for any injuries suffered by me /my child caused whole or in part by my failure to follow the instructions of you or your employees or by any physical impairment of mine not fully disclosed to you in writing.
By enrolling, all parents and students agree to abide by the above Release of Liability Agreement.
Student Code of Conduct Policy This policy pertains to physical and online classes taken by students.
1. Students are required to show respect to their teachers, fill in teachers, other students and their families.
2. Students are required to respect the studio property and premises.
3. Students should try to attend all classes, punctually and as a courtesy, apologise when interrupting a class and to advise teachers (in advance when possible) if they will be absent or late to a class.
4. Students are expected to arrive in the proper uniform dress code. Hair should be in the appropriate style. Student should have all required shoes for their classes. Please see our uniform requirements for clarification.
5. Students are required to revise and practice when preparing for performances, exams or eisteddfods.
6. Students are required to moderate their language, conversation and behaviour when they are representing the studio and are to represent MBK Dance Studios in a positive manner.
7. Students are required to clean up after themselves and maintain clean studios and amenities.
8. Students are required to be respectful when other classes are taking place.
9. Lost property: At Bli Bli is located in the corner kitchen cupboard. At Yandina the box is located in the downstairs waiting area. All lost property will be emptied at the end of each term.
10. Stealing will not be tolerated and will result in immediate expulsion from the school. Whether direct acquisition of another person’s property, not paying studio fees or not enrolling in classes/paying the required fees for the term without prior agreement.
11. Bullying of any kind, whether it be verbal, physical, social or cyberbullying WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AT MBK DANCE STUDIOS and will result in immediate suspension from classes. Every student has the right to learn to dance in a safe, friendly and inviting environment. MBK Dance Studios principal and teachers have the responsibility and authority to ensure that MBK Dance Studios health and safety objectives are achieved. They will identify and support measures to eliminate bullying of any kind within the Dance School. Dancing is a team sport and all students learn how to dance as part of a team atmosphere and be accepting of all other dancers. MBK dancers and family members are responsible for their own behaviour and must operate in a responsible and appropriate manner.
Any breach in this policy, depending on the severity of an incident, will result in one warning and if a second breach occurs; expulsion or suspension from the studio.
HOW DOES MBK DANCE STUDIO COLLECT AND USE MY INFORMATION? When you enrol for classes at MBK Dance Studios, we collect contact information such as parent names, addresses, phone numbers, emergency contacts, e-mail address and student information such as student names, birthdays, medical conditions, and your comments. This information is needed to manage studio business and will not be used or sold for any other purpose, except as described below.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO MY INFORMATION?
When you register on our websites parent portal, you are required to enter an e-mail address and a password. The combination of that e-mail account and password is used to ensure that only you have access to, and only you have the ability to modify, your personal information through MBK Dance Studio’s website. MBK Dance Studio’s office personnel have access to your personal information only to manage the studio business.
COVID Safe Policy
General and Contact Tracing:
- No staff members, family members or students will be permitted to come to dance class if they have any COVID-19 like symptoms.
- If a student or family member presents to classes with COVID-19 like symptoms they will be asked to isolate in a separate room until safely able to leave the premises. They will then be notified to self-isolate and seek testing in accordance with state and territory guidelines.
- If you or your child are a high-risk individual, a medical clearance certificate will be required before you/they can attend dance classes.
- A roll will be kept of all people entering the building for more than 15mins.
- We recommend that all staff, parents and teen students download the COVIDSafe app.
- Please update your details with MBK if you have recently moved or changed phone numbers.
- Where there is a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 the National Coronavirus Helpline (1800 020 080) will be contacted. You will be asked not to return to the premise and to follow all advice from the Helpline.
- There will be a limit of 20 people in the dance space, 2 in the waiting room and 1 in the bathrooms at all times.
- Please do not allow students to linger on the balcony.
- Parents, please drop students off and wait in your car.
- Avoid gathering in large groups outside or inside the halls.
- Students will be asked to remain 1.5m away from each other at all times in class and we ask that this also be the case in the waiting area, bathrooms and around the studio space.
- To allow for social distancing to be maintained students will enter class from the side balcony door at The Bli Bli Hall & leave through the front doors facing the road. At the Yandina Hall students will enter from the downstairs area and leave through the upstairs side door. Please collect your child from the allocated doors and let me know if you are running late.
- Signage will be hung to help guide you to make the right decision regard social distancing. Please follow all signs to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Sanitation and Hygiene:
- All students and parents will be required to use hand sanitiser when entering and leaving the building. This will be provided at the entrance to each building.
- Shared equipment such as ballet barres, yoga bricks, stretch bands and spikey balls will be disinfected before and after each use.
- All doorknobs and commonly used surfaces will be disinfected each day before and after classes.
- Proper hand washing will be required after using the bathroom or when needed. Please follow the signs for directions on proper hand washing techniques.
- Students will not be allowed to use the kitchen for drink breaks. All students will need their own personal water bottle. No sharing of drink bottles or food will be allowed.
We ask that all teachers, parents, family members and students follow the above policy to ensure the safety of MBK Dance Studios families and wider community.
Fees & Payments Policy
· Dance fees are paid per term. Term length is between 8-11 weeks. This is an average of 10 classes per term depending on the length of the school term. You are not paying for scheduled school holidays & will be notified of these days. All closure dates are given out at the start of the year.
· Invoices are emailed out. All fees are due in the second week of each term and are handed out at least a month prior to the due date.
· All overdue accounts will receive a $15 late fee each week that payment is late. You will be required to pay the late fee/s and no discussion will be entered into.
· In the event fees are late, any allocated discount does not apply, and you will be required to pay regular fee rates and late fee.
· If your invoice is incorrect please email to let us know, otherwise late payment fee will apply. If this is not done, we will assume that your invoice issued is correct and fees are payable by due date.
· Please note term 4 usually concludes in the last week of November. Term 4 fees include rehearsal & photo day, full term fees apply. These days are compulsory for all students.
· Any student with an overdue balance of more than 30 days will not be allowed into class or participate in the annual concert or receive exam certificates/ medals until payment in full is received.
· The quality of our facility and faculty depends upon a system of mutual respect and cooperation. We understand that anyone may have financial difficulty, if this occurs in your situation you need to notify MBK Dance Studios Principal immediately, so a solution can be put into place.
Discount System (updated June 2020)
1 class = no discount
2 classes = no discount
3 classes = 10% off
4 classes = 15% off
5-10 classes = usual equals our unlimited price of $50 per week.
The Unlimited Class package is priced per family.
The Class Discount is priced per student.
Once $50 per week is reached, families will automatically be put onto the Unlimited Package.
There is no discount offered for casual adult dance classes. However, we do have seasonal packages in place from time to time.
Missed Classes Policy
· No credit is given for student absences or when families choose to take their holidays during the active school term. No refunds are given for term fees.
· “Not attending classes” is not accepted and you will be billed for terms fees and or late/administration fees. We do not pro rata accounts if families are going on holidays as you are taking up a place in the class that would be otherwise filled.
· If class is missed due to sickness or injury you are entitled to a make-up class. Please make up any missed class within the term of your absence; no credit or refund will be given for missed classes due to sickness or injury. This must be discussed with the school principal prior to attending the make-up class, as some classes are full. It is the responsibility of the parent to arrange the make-up class.
Emergency Closures Policy In the event of bad weather, power outage or sickness pandemic (such as COVID-19), you will be notified of cancelled classes. We encourage and invite our students to make up cancelled dance classes in any comparable class on our schedule at either location.
No refunds will be issued for missed classes for class cancellations due to hazardous weather, power outages or sickness pandemic. Please email email@example.com to organise make-up classes. Any classes missed due to hazardous weather, power outages or sickness pandemic should be made up in the same term.
Drop Off & Pick Up Policy
(please adhere to the COVID Safe Policy over all other policies)
· Primary school students and younger are to be walked to the studio door and seen safely inside by their parent/guardian and collected the same way.
· High school students may be dropped off and supervised entering the building from your vehicle.
· Students may be dropped off 10mins prior to their class or on time, no earlier, unless otherwise arranged.
· Siblings are not permitted on the studio premises without parental supervision.
· At pick-up time, if students can't see you waiting outside, they will come back inside and wait for you, as instructed by our teachers. Students are not to run to your car; you are to physically collect them from the studio door.
· If you are running late, please send a courtesy text, so we know to keep your child inside & safe.
· The roads surrounding our halls are very busy and therefore all students must be reminded of our drop off & pick up policy. Please have the discussion with them so everyone is on the same page.
To maintain your place at MBK Dance Studios all fees must be up to date and all uniforms and grooming rules must be adhered to and you must be regularly attending classes.
If you choose to terminate your commitment to MBK Dance Studios you must notify us as soon as the decision has been made. No term fees or costume hire fees will be refunded if you choose to leave and all outstanding invoices must be paid prior to leaving.
Concert & Costume Hire
A concert commitment note is handed out in early term 3. This is an official agreement to participate in our end of year concert. This event takes a lot of organising and teamwork. We need a commitment from our families to ensure the team is not let down. This commitment involves attending all classes, paying your fees and costume hire on time, attending photo and rehearsal days and performing at our end of year shows. All Students must participate in both shows, no expectations.
· If you child is going to be absent from classes, please send a courtesy message to Hayley Paine (MBK Principal) on 0408 988 119.
· Students must bring a named water bottle to class.
· Students must have the correct uniform & hair for every class.
· Bullying of any kind or any form of disrespect to other students & teachers will be reported to parents if observed. Reoccurring behaviour of this manner may result in suspension of students responsible.
· Any incidents of bullying or blatant disregard for the rules must be reported to the teacher present immediately & appropriate discipline will be issued.
A Personal Note Our goal and mission at MBK Dance Studios is to provide professional, educational and fun dance classes to all of our students. Our students dance training and safety is our number one priority and why we have the above policies in place. If you need to discuss anything regarding classes or any of the policies above please do not hesitate to contact MBK at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0408 988 119.
By enrolling, all parents and students agree to abide by the above policies and code of conduct. Please sign below:
Signature_______________________________________ Date: ______________________