General and Contact Tracing:
- No staff members, family members or students will be permitted to come to dance class if they have any COVID-19 like symptoms.
- If a student or family member presents to classes with COVID-19 like symptoms they will be asked to isolate in a separate room until safely able to leave the premises. They will then be notified to self-isolate and seek testing in accordance with state and territory guidelines.
- If you or your child are a high-risk individual, a medical clearance certificate will be required before you/they can attend dance classes.
- A roll will be kept of all people entering the building for more than 15mins.
- We recommend that all staff, parents and teen students download the COVIDSafe app.
- Please update your details with MBK if you have recently moved or changed phone numbers.
- Where there is a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 the National Coronavirus Helpline (1800 020 080) will be contacted. You will be asked not to return to the premise and to follow all advice from the Helpline.
- There will be a limit of 20 people in the dance space, 2 in the waiting room and 1 in the bathrooms at all times.
- Please do not allow students to linger on the balcony.
- Parents, please drop students off and wait in your car.
- Avoid gathering in large groups outside or inside the halls.
- Students will be asked to remain 1.5m away from each other at all times in class and we ask that this also be the case in the waiting area, bathrooms and around the studio space.
- To allow for social distancing to be maintained students will enter class from the side balcony door at The Bli Bli Hall & leave through the front doors facing the road. At the Yandina Hall students will enter from the downstairs area and leave through the upstairs side door. Please collect your child from the allocated doors and let me know if you are running late.
- Signage will be hung to help guide you to make the right decision regard social distancing. Please follow all signs to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Sanitation and Hygiene
- All students and parents will be required to use hand sanitiser when entering and leaving the building. This will be provided at the entrance to each building.
- Shared equipment such as ballet barres, yoga bricks, stretch bands and spikey balls will be disinfected before and after each use.
- All doorknobs and commonly used surfaces will be disinfected each day before and after classes.
- Proper hand washing will be required after using the bathroom or when needed. Please follow the signs for directions on proper hand washing techniques.
- Students will not be allowed to use the kitchen for drink breaks. All students will need their own personal water bottle. No sharing of drink bottles or food will be allowed.
We ask that all teachers, parents, family members and students follow the above policy to ensure the safety of MBK Dance Studios families and wider community.